Come and pursue God with us!
DTS, or a Discipleship Training School, is more an experience than it is a school.
If you feel called into missions but just don’t know how to start than this is the place for you. A place where we mix amazing speakers with real life missions work and expose you to experiences that leave you and the world changed forever.
During your DTS you will journey into the heart of God. This journey involves learning to see God, yourself and others as God does. It is a time that will instill within you a heart for everyone to know him, and it is a place where you will be given the opportunity to put that heart into action through hands on experience in ministry in Wrexham as well as in other nations while on your outreach. At the heart of any DTS is this…”To know God and to make Him known.”
Click through the tabs to find out just what YOU could be doing on one of our DTS programmes!
The first few months of our DTS is the “lecture phase” when UK and international speakers lead you in weeks of teaching such as:
- Father Heart of God-Mike Oman (Author of “My Father’s Heart”)
- Jesus & the Cross-Shephen Mbewe (National Director of YWAM Mozambique)
- Nature & Character of God-David Painting (Leader of D & J Ministries)
- Hearing God’s Voice-Rachel Dexter (Staff with YWAM Wrexham)
- Work & power of the Holy Spirit-Shelly Brennan (Staff with YWAM Liverpool)
- Calling & Destiny-Mark Vening (National Director of YWAM Wales)
- Worship & Intercession-Peter and Taryn Prescott (Staff with YWAM Cambridge)
- Evangelism-Lance McKinney (A National Leader of YWAM Spain)
- Spiritual Realm-Paul Hopkins (Founder of Purefire Ministries)
- Identity-Sarah Opper (YWAM Wrexham Base Leader)
- Holiness-Angela Doerksen (Staff with YWAM Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Postmodernism-Carl Tinnion (Leader of YWAM Western Europe)
- And so much more!
We call this the “lecture phase”, but it is not just about sitting in a classroom. You will meet with other trainees and staff in small groups to process the lectures and to challenge one another to grow. Also every week you will be involved in local ministry in and around Wrexham, such as:
• Youth drop-ins
• Street evangelism
• Making sandwiches for the homeless
• After school clubs
• Young adult ministry
• Christmas outreaches
• And so much more!
On the Field
The next few months are called the “outreach phase”. The DTS is not just about teaching and learning but putting things into practice.
As well as missions work in churches and YWAM projects in Wales, we have an emphasis of overseas and cross-cultural outreaches. Our heart is to serve communities locally, nationally and internationally to see people reached with the Gospel.
During the outreach, you are able to put your skills and giftings into practice and our encouraged to step out of your comfort zone to try new things. What a great opportunity to share your testimony, preach or teach, lead a Bible study or kids’ program, participate in dramas and songs, all while doing some mercy ministries as well.
The final week of outreach is always a debrief period to help you to process your experiences and to give you tools to help you to re-engage with your home environment.
To successfully complete a DTS, the trainee must attend the Lecture Phase, the Outreach Phase, and Debrief. We do not accept applications for the Lecture Phase only.
Spirit & Fire DTS:
DTS Dates: January 2018 to July 2018
DTS Lecture Phase Cost: £2,700 (includes meals, accommodation & tuition fees)
Price does not include: visas, travel to the outreach location, vaccinations, travel insurance, emergency medical expenses, or travel to Wales.
Application Fee: £25
DTS Outreach Phase Cost: Around £1,500 to £1,750 depending on location.
Additional fees will be charged for trainees staying at GyG (our home here in Wrexham) before or after the arrival or departure dates.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or are interested.